Key Considerations for a “Chick Tech Approved” Employer –
An employer should institutionalize hiring practices and promote a diverse culture in the some of the following ways to attract and retain women:
- Create and execute a formal diversity plan.
- Hold executives and managers accountable for reaching diversity goals and targets.
- Develop, maintain and project a welcoming culture.
- Redefine the pipeline — create alternative pathways to technical positions and establish mechanisms to bring women back to technical roles.
- Measure and evaluate efforts to increase representation of women.
- Fund or create K-12 initiatives around the world and advocate for computer science education to encourage a bigger pipeline of technical women for the future.
- Representation of women at entry, mid, senior, and executive levels.
- Representation of women in senior and executive level technical individual contributor tracks (if a company offers as a separate career path).
- Active recruitment and promotion of women.
Solutions to Recruit Technical Women
Best Companies for Women in Computing