The Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland is part of the nation’s central bank. We’ve provided many opportunities for professional growth during our history.
For eighteen years in a row, we’ve been named “One of Northeast Ohio’s Best Places to Work” by North Coast 99. This prestigious award honors organizations with outstanding employment practices, including compensation, benefits, training, recruitment, retention, community services, and employee communications.
At our state-of-the-art offices, we are seeking innovative thinkers with the vision to build the framework that will carry the Bank into the future. Join our team!
Mobile Developer Position Summary
The Mobile Developer is responsible for the analysis, design, development, maintenance, and support of mobile device software applications for customers across a variety of technology platforms and/or business lines. It provides production support for users of mobile device software while keeping abreast of current technologies to enhance software design & development.
• Codes, debugs, tests, deploys, supports and documents moderately complex application mobile device software.
• Analyzes moderately complex customer business needs and recommend and implement automated solutions to increase process automation, user experience, and launch of new products and services.
• Acts as a liaison with developers, external, and/or internal, regarding moderately complex system and environmental requirements and problem resolution.
• Provides ongoing moderately complex technical support to customers, including support for migrations of software applications into various environments. Provide application and technical support during all phases of the application lifecycle
• Designs, prototypes, and develops moderately complex software applications.
• Incorporates security and other relevant bank and system controls into solutions
• Adheres to bank and system software development methodologies and standards
• Complies with SAFR, DLP, Privacy and audit requirements
• Demonstrates commitment to innovation, quality, schedules and budget
• Continuous development and learning to keep abreast of application development technologies
• Ensures secure coding, contingency, and deployment methodologies are in place upon moderately complex software implementation
• Assists in developing Project Management artifacts and documentation
• Analyzes possible solutions using standard procedures for a range of straightforward problems
• Receives a moderate level of guidance and direction
• Performs other duties as assigned or requested
• Adheres to the Bank`s attendance policies though regular and prompt attendance
Education and Experience
• Bachelor`s degree
• 3+ years of related work experience
Knowledge and Skills
• Moderately complex analytical skills.
• Moderate knowledge of domain, regulations, procedures and practices of a specific discipline and/or business line.
• Ability to perform moderately complex independent research.
• Moderately specialized, technical skills in applicable technologies such as Java and Objective-C programming languages.
• Design and build applications for the iOS and Android operating systems.
• Proficient with Object Oriented design and development including a thorough understanding of OO design patterns and practices.
• Familiarity with RESTful APIs to connect iOS and Android applications to back-end services.
• Experienced in Apple and Android deployment practices for the public stores.
• Experience with Agile development methodologies.
• Experience with automated build tools and code quality checks.
• Experience with test driven development.
Physical Demands and General Working Conditions
• Employees typically sit most of the day, work with a computer and may answer/respond to phone calls. Physical movement consists of walking for meetings, breaks, etc. Ability to lift items weighing approximately 20 pounds on a limited basis is required. Employees may be required to travel by car/air.