About Port of Portland
Port operations impact the entire Pacific Northwest. But as a regional government agency, its official boundaries include only Clackamas, Multnomah and Washington counties in Oregon.
The mission of the Port of Portland is to enhance the region's economy and quality of life by providing efficient cargo and air passenger access to national and global markets, and by promoting industrial development.
$77,756.00 - $121,524.00 Annually
OPENING DATE: 06/11/18
CLOSING DATE: 06/29/18 05:00 PM
Government isn’t typically known for being nimble, but we’re striving to change that at the Port of Portland. As we make the transition from a physical world to software-defined everything, we’re embracing agile planning, the cloud and DevOps patterns to meet our customers demand for increasing efficiency and reliability. We’re looking for a versatilist, like you, to bring these skills to our team and help us on our journey.
SUMMARY OF ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Understand multiple perspectives (users, partners and leadership) and see the big picture
· Be flexible and adaptable to change
· Identify opportunities where technology can improve and transform the delivery of services
· Automate and integrate infrastructure and business processes.
· Using DevOps tools and continuous integration pipelines build fast, reliable and secure, infrastructure, services and APIs
· Have proven experience as a system administrator, including the ability to install, configure and manage a variety of core systems and services including:
o Servers, backup solutions, shared services, email, login scripts, antivirus software and hardware, access-control and federated identify management, internet connections and proxy solutions.
· Enjoy working collaboratively with IT teams developing and documenting requirements, architecture, standards and supporting projects
· Provide support to development and maintenance groups, including systems setup, application software installation, change control and product upgrade processes.
· Provide hardware support for all server-based systems, including physical hardware maintenance and support as well as acquisition of components and warranty support administration
· At least 5 years of technical and/or development experience working on servers, network and applications with increasing responsibility, some in government or similar institutions.
· Experience leading more than one large scale product, system or service through to successful delivery.
· Experience supporting the agile software development life-cycle, via source management, clo ud infrastructure as code, and continuous configuration automation in a hybrid cloud environment (using AWS and Azure).
· Experience maintaining and improving existing infrastructure and deployment processes, while developing and designing secure, reliable, self-healing architecture for new services.
· Backend development experience with a solid foundation in data pipelines and distributed systems.
· Have strong interpersonal skills and proven ability to work cross-team, particularly with Network and InfoSec teams.
· Experience working with current Windows Server and Desktop operating systems.
· Proficiency with PowerShell, Java, Python, IIS, Web Technologies and TCP/IP. Experience with .Net a plus.
· Experience with Linux/Unix systems.
· Experience with ETL and SQL a plus.
· Familiarity with Storage Area Network environments, Software Defined Networking and IoT.
· Advanced diagnostic, troubleshooting, and problem resolution skills.
· Ability to obtain and maintain security clearance for unescorted access to secured areas at the Port of Portland, including Portland International Airport and various Marine facilities
· Provide on-call and off-shift work for planned production outages and upgrades as needed
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Ability to facilitate, lead or contribute to complex analytical/business/technical decision-making processes.
Ability to determine, coordinate, recommend and resolve technical issues that include the software, database, hardware, operating system, network configuration, security and firewalls.
Ability to adapt to continually evolving technology solutions and assess applicability for the Port's technology environment.
Ability to work collaboratively with various IT disciplines – applications, business analysis, client services, InfoSec and communications services.
Shows the utmost respect for others and is a proven team player.
Ability to demonstrate the Port's commitment to diversity and inclusion.
For more information and/or to apply: https://www.portofportland.com/Careers