ChickTech National ACT-W Program Manager
At ChickTech, we believe womxn (female-identifying, non-binary and transgender women) of all ages have the right to fulfill their true potential.
ChickTech is a national nonprofit dedicated to retaining womxn in the technology workforce and increasing the number of womxn pursuing technology-based careers through signature programs for K-12 students and career level adults. The overarching goal of ChickTech is to increase diversity and inclusion within the technology culture through broadening the pipeline of underrepresented populations entering careers, and increasing retention of these populations through a supportive community focused on enhancing career, leadership, inclusion, and engagement within and beyond the workplace. By building and strengthening an intergenerational community, ChickTech is ensuring companies can find untapped talent from diverse communities across the country while also building skills and interest for future generations to excel and create a diverse tech workforce.
We are looking for a National ACT-W Program Manager to join the national ChickTech team. Born of the strong need for diversity and equity in the technology workforce, our signature adult program ACT-W (Advancing the Careers of Technical Womxn) was created to serve a quickly growing population of womxn with a desire to be represented equally in STEM industries.
The National ACT-W Program Manager’s main responsibility is leading the growth and development of ChickTech’s new program, ACT-W+, while offering support to ChickTech chapter volunteers and our national ACT-W conference. Time will be split across ACT-W Programs: ACT-W+ (60%), ACT-W Connect/Chapter Support (20%); and ACT-W National Conference (20%). This includes leading the effort to implement a sustainable national ACT-W program strategy and maintaining strong community relationships.
The perfect candidate for National ACT-W Program Manager is a responsible and experienced project manager, has experience in the technology industry and membership based programs, and a passion for creating community to empower womxn in technology.
Note: This is a paid teleworking position.
Did you know that women are typically less likely to apply for positions if they don’t think they meet each desired skill? That’s not us – we encourage everyone to apply and we commit to interviewing candidates not only based on relevant skills but the demonstrated potential to grow within this role.
As the National ACT-W Program Manager, you will:
- Support national and local ACT-W programs along with the ChickTech CEO
- Oversee the project management of the ACT-W+ membership program. This entails:
- Building and maintaining relationships with speakers and program partners that reflect a diversity of thought and experience
- Coordinate membership engagement virtually
- Manage project coordination and delegation across a staff and volunteer team
- Represent ChickTech in webinar moderation
- Monitor ACT-W program budgets/expenditures and ensure ACT-W+ meets ongoing corporate and individual membership sales targets
- Intentionally develop strategic direction diversity, equity & inclusion needs within ACT-W programs
- Work with National Marketing Manager to create cohesive marketing strategy across ACT-W+ programs
- Support and train ChickTech chapters in the development of ACT-W Connect events
- Provide direct support to a national conference committee to successfully run the annual ACT-W National conference
- Ensure ACT-W programs create an inclusive community that serves and meets the needs of all our constituents
- Other duties and tasks as required
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Experience in the technology industry with a strong understanding of current topics and trends in professional development, technology recruitment and diversity, equity, & inclusion
- Knowledge of website development and platform management
- Demonstrated community building experience
- Bonus for experience managing membership programs and/or member relationships
- Strong volunteer management or related people management experience
- Demonstrated project management skills and a strong ability to communicate processes and updates to a broad team
- Passion and ability to work independently in a growing organization and program
- Commitment to growing a new program with ambitious goals and targets
- Passion to advance diversity and inclusion with the technology environment and beyond. All actions and interactions must demonstrate this commitment with a willingness to learn and adopt new practices to support an inclusive space for all ChickTech community members.
As a small but mighty staff, we believe that traditional hierarchy is antiquated and lateral leadership is the key to effective collaboration and teamwork. We are devoted to providing the space and support needed in order for each of us to bring our whole self into our work. We value and encourage curiosity, empathy, and openness. We are energized by the challenge of creating strategic, systemic change at all levels, both internally and externally. Above all, we are committed to learning and growing individually and as an organization.
Wages & Benefits
This full-time position is salaried at $50,000. Some evening and weekend work is necessary.
ChickTech will cover 100% of health insurance premiums for the employee and family. A monthly cell phone stipend and unlimited PTO is offered.
We will only review fully complete applications submitted on time through the application link. If you know someone at ChickTech, feel free to reach out to them and get a recommendation, but if you don’t go through the link as well, you risk getting lost in an email abyss!
All candidates are subject to a background check.
Commitment to Diversity:
Diversity and Inclusion ChickTech is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. We believe that having a board, staff, and volunteer base with diverse personal and professional backgrounds enhances our ability to meet our mission and creates a vibrant environment where individuals can learn, grow and thrive. People of diverse backgrounds, including diversity of race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, and socio-economic status, are strongly encouraged to apply.
ChickTech was founded in 2012 to engage female-identifying and non-binary individuals of all ages in the technology industry while working to create a better technology culture for all.
We build communities, empower participants to see themselves as leaders, and provide networking and mentoring opportunities in a rapidly growing industry. ChickTech has made a direct impact on tens of thousands of participants across the country!