As a small but mighty staff, we believe that a lateral approach to leadership and decision-making helps us collaborate effectively and engage in our work more authentically. We are energized by the challenge of creating strategic, systemic change at all levels, both internally and externally. We value and encourage curiosity, empathy, and openness. We are devoted to providing the space and support needed to take care of ourselves, our families, and each other.
What to Expect
You will be working remotely with staff and volunteers across the country. We use tools such as Google apps, Slack, Asana and Zoom to collaborate and stay connected. We typically work Monday through Friday, but this position will require occasional nights and weekends depending on programming and event schedules. We encourage our staff to take advantage of flexible schedules to maintain a healthy work-life balance.
- Support development and implementation of national youth programs and regional in-person events
- Create and facilitate replicable youth curricula and events
- Develop and manage youth and school pilot programs
- Foster strategic partnerships with companies and mission-aligned nonprofits
- Cultivate strong relationships with partner schools, including educators, administration, and families
- Volunteer support and training
- Represent ChickTech by participating in panels and presentations at national and regional events
- Coordinate third-party program evaluation to develop strategic work plans for program development
- Support the management of youth program budgets
- 3+ years in youth program management or teaching
- Experience in a technology field
Bonus Experience and Skills
Did you know that women are typically less likely to apply for positions if they don’t think they meet each desired skill? We believe everyone has the ability to learn and grow within their role regardless of their prior experience.
- Volunteer management
- Fundraising and grant writing
- Familiarity with Google apps (Gmail, Drive, Classroom, etc)
- Public speaking
- Remote working environments
Pay and Benefits
This is an exempt, salaried position starting at $55,000/year. ChickTech covers 100% of medical insurance premiums. We provide generous flexible paid time off.Commitment to Diversity:
Diversity, equity and inclusion are at the core of our mission. ChickTech is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
ChickTech is a nonprofit organization committed to increasing the number of girls and women (including non-binary and transgender individuals) in technology. From local conferences to hands-on workshops to mentoring, we create an inclusive and supportive international community for girls and women that increases their sense of belonging, interest, and self-confidence in technology and engineering.
ChickTech programs have run in 26 cities and continue to expand. We run K-12 programs, specifically focusing on our year-long high school program for 50-100 girls per city per year. For adults, we offer networking, career development, and technology workshops through our annual ACT-W conference and regional events throughout the year!