A DYNAMIC OPPORTUNITY
Are you a natural relationship builder who can connect the dots between opportunity and aspiration? The Development Manager will take the organization’s national fundraising and network building to the next level by demonstrating an entrepreneurial spirit, a commitment to best-practices in fundraising, strong communications skills, and a belief in the leadership potential of women and girls.
EXPECTATIONS AND QUALIFICATIONS
The Development Manager will work in collaboration with the CEO to chart a course for creative partnership development and sustainable revenue generation. A small-shop supporting an organization with big dreams, you will be responsible for supporting the strategic plan by bringing in new funding and supporting and growing previous sponsorship relationships. As an authentic collaborator, you will interface with regional chapters to help them shape their fundraising efforts and identify untapped opportunity for national investment. You will cultivate relationships with corporations and individuals who share ChickTech’s passion for creating opportunities and growing a dynamic workforce. No job is too big and no task is too small in this emerging and highly-energized nonprofit.
- Support development and execution of a nationally-focused fundraising plan that includes individuals, foundations, corporate giving, and earned income.
- Identify and support innovative contributed revenue and earned income opportunities in order to diversity income streams
- Support corporate sponsorships and partnerships for conferences
- Research, prepare, and track all foundation and corporate proposals and reports
- Develop and maintain ongoing relationships with donors
- Maintain accurate records in the database and execute timely communication with donors and partners
- Support board members’ fundraising efforts and provide guidance in partnership development
- Coordinate and support the development committee
- Build bridges and maintain positive communications with chapters and program staff
- Leverage the connections of regionally-based volunteers to support both local and national relationship building and funding potential
- Collaborate with marketing manager to incorporate compelling, story-driven messaging into asks & grants
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- 3+ years fundraising and communications experience
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Self-starter who thrives on taking initiative and driving progress in a multi-faceted role
- Strategic thinker able to research and match opportunities with programs and funding needs
- High degree of comfort opening doors and initiating new partnerships and corporate relationships
- Adept at building internal and external relationships that are productive and sustainable
- Proven success in all aspects of fundraising
- Enthusiasm for making the ask with individuals and businesses
- Outstanding verbal and written communications skills
- Experience working with volunteers
- Engaging and diplomatic team player; able to build trust and nurture alliances
- Roll-up-your-sleeves attitude and energy to match
- Proficiency with Salesforce
- Willingness to travel at least once per quarter
- Passion for the ChickTech mission
- Experience with and connections in the technology industry a plus
Details: ChickTech is headquartered in Portland, OR with chapters across the nation. Work hours are flexible and the opportunity to work remotely is possible, as appropriate. While we prefer Portland-based candidates, we are open to outstanding candidates elsewhere as well. Because ChickTech is volunteer driven, this position will require some evening and weekend events and meetings. There will be regular travel; travel expenses will be paid for by the organization.
Benefits: ChickTech covers 100% of health insurance premiums. Cell phone stipend and parking/transit stipend provided. Unlimited PTO is offered.
All people are welcome and encouraged to apply. ChickTech is strongly committed to diversity. Please see our inclusion policy for more details.
Note that a resume and cover letter are required. We read and value your experience and stories! Position will close March 25th.
ChickTech is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
ChickTech is a nationwide, multi-generational community supporting women and girls to become technology creators. We are dedicated to retaining women in the technology workforce and increasing the number of girls pursuing technology-based careers. Our programs build community, empower participants to see themselves as technologists and leaders, and provide networking and mentoring opportunities in the rapidly growing tech industry.