POSITION: Business Systems Analyst (Exempt)
SALARY: $82,515.00 – $128,962.00 Annually
APPLY ONLINE: https://portofportland.com/Careers
The Port of Portland, our regional gateway to the globe, operates multiple airports, marine terminals and business parks that connect goods, people and passengers, drives economic growth and improves our region’s quality of life.
We are seeking a Business Systems Analyst III (BSA) to work with the IT Business Systems team supporting the enterprise financial system, JD Edwards. The successful incumbent will work to support financial business partners in the Accounting, AP, AR, Budget and Property Management teams. The Business Systems Analyst will also work on other assignments including the ServiceNow implementation of IT Service Catalogs.
We’re looking for someone that will share the Port’s commitment to valuing differences among individuals, has a passion for being inclusive and advancing practices, strategies and behaviors that promote inclusion, equity and opportunity for all.
NOTE: The Port of Portland is committed to ensuring the health and safety of our employees and community. As part of this commitment, all Port employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or have an approved medical or religious exception and accommodation as a condition of employment. Candidates must provide proof of vaccination or have an approved exception and accommodation prior to beginning work at the Port.
SUMMARY OF ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Business Analysis / Business Process Improvement:
- Determine optimal business results through the utilization of advanced technology and improved business processes. Capturing and documenting “as-is” and “to-be” business processes.
- Documenting functional and technical requirements using standard methodologies and tools.
- Proposing appropriate and innovative solutions.
- Administer systems and assist with application support, diagnosing reported issues, and analyzing system functionality and capabilities.
- Find resolution by researching across IT teams, vendor resources and networking with a broad user community.
- Conduct IT testing and coordinate user acceptance testing of enterprise software patches and tools upgrades.
- Ensure the successful delivery of reliable services through the coordination of staff and technology resources.
Project Management / Project Support:
- This role is assigned to projects as a lead or subject matter expert (SME) as part of new system or program implementations. Skills are expected to be interchangeable. Project assignments may be outside areas of key expertise. Project management and defining business requirements.
- Recommend business process changes related to process improvement and implement best practices.
- Capture design decisions and configurations, and produce procedural documentation.
- Assist with broad user communications and conduct end user training.
Planning / Guiding Decisions:
- As a senior staff member and project stakeholder, represent IT on assigned projects and support areas, addressing any aspect of the essential functions as needed. Provide technology expertise and assist the business in forecasting and anticipating future needs.
- Provide solution direction and understand impacts and feasibilit
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Management or Information Systems or a related field is preferred; or the equivalent combination of education and/or relevant experience. Master’s degree desirable.
- Minimum of five (5) years’ relevant work experience in information technology.
- Experience supporting and working with an enterprise/financial system. Experience with JD Edwards is preferable but not required.
- Strong financial system/business knowledge and experience.
- Demonstrated experience in the following areas: Application testing for overall system patching and technical system upgrades
- New software implementation and workflow testing
- ServiceNow implementation or experience (is preferred)
- Documenting As-Is and To-Be business process and workflows
- Writing functional specifications and technical change requests for non-technical and technical audiences
- Writing test scripts and/or use and test cases
- Interviewing IT service owners to tease-out undocumented business and service/support processes
- Ability to obtain Microsoft, Project Management and other relevant technical certifications is preferred.
- Ability to obtain and maintain unescorted access to secure areas of Port facilities is required.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Apply a broad range of knowledge toward the completion of complex and challenging assignments.
- Work effectively in collaboration with internal and external stakeholders.
- Resolve problems with minimal conflict, and motivate colleagues to collaborate.
- Multi-task in a high energy environment.
- Work without supervision and apply good judgment on when to escalate matters.
- Demonstrate commitment to valuing differences among individuals and passion for equity.
- Plan, coordinate and schedule all aspects of projects to achieve quality deliverables.
- Utilize and evaluate technology-oriented business performance measures, including; Return on Investment (ROI); Total Cost of Ownership (TCO); Key Performance Indicators (KPIs);
- Determine when custom, open source, or off-the-shelf functionality is necessary in the product development and upgrade life cycle.
- Maintain an awareness of emerging and shifting technologies as they pertain to business operations and assigned areas of focus.
- Learn computer programming languages and reporting tools, infrastructure on-premises and in the cloud, database functions, design and retrieval of information, networks and data transmission as needed.
Safety: The Port promotes safety as a guiding principle and practice in accomplishing work by complying with safety and health policies and procedures and consistently seeking improvements that support operational excellence.
Diversity and Inclusion: At the Port, we don’t just accept difference; we value and support it to create a culture of inclusiveness and fun. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
EEO/Affirmative Action Policy Statement: The Port of Portland is dedicated to maintaining and improving a work environment, which extends equal opportunity to all individuals, regardless of their race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability or sexual orientation. Employment decisions shall be made in such a manner as to further the principle of equal employment opportunity and to comply with state, federal and local laws. We affirm through this policy statement our continuing commitment to the principles of nondiscrimination and affirmative action.
Veterans Preference: Under Oregon law, qualified veterans may be eligible for veterans preference when applying for Port of Portland positions. If you are a veteran and would like to be considered for a veterans preference for this job, please provide the qualifying documents as instructed during the application process.
Background Checks and Drug Testing: The Port of Portland will conduct background checks and/or drug tests for positions where such tests are required by regulation and for other safety-sensitive positions.
ADA Accommodation: Accommodations will be considered for applicants or candidates with a qualifying disability that prevents them from participating in this process. Accommodations will be made where the Port can reasonably do so without imposing an undue hardship on the business or compromising the integrity of the recruitment process. An applicant with any disability who believes that they need an accommodation should contact Human Resources at 503.415.6000
APPLY ONLINE: https://www.portofportland.com/CareersCommitment to Diversity:
At the Port, we don't just accept difference; we value and support it to create a culture of inclusiveness and fun. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Port of Portland
We connect people and passengers with the world, drive economic growth, and improve our region's quality of life.Founded in 1891, the Port of Portland is a port district overseeing three airports, four marine terminals and five business parks helping drive economic prosperity and a better quality of life for the region.